- 1 pound chicken scaloppini (about 4 ounces each)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon, zest reserved for optional garnish, about 2 tablespoons juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Baby arugula for garnish
- Whole-wheat angel hair pasta or roasted potatoes, for serving
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon flour.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until very hot; cook the cutlets until opaque throughout, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer the cutlets to a plate. (Reserve the skillet.) Reduce the heat under the skillet to medium.
- Add the remaining teaspoon oil and garlic to the same skillet; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Whisk together the broth, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon flour, and add to the pan. Simmer sauce until reduced and thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the vinegar, parsley and capers. Swirl in the butter until sauce is shiny and slightly thickened.
- Serve chicken with the sauce. Toss the arugula and freshly grated lemon zest with a light drizzle of olive oil; season to taste with salt and pepper, scatter over chicken. Serve with pasta or potatoes as desired.
- Calories 207
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3 g
- Protein 25 g
- Total Carbohydrates 4 g
- Sugar 0 g
- Fiber 0 g
- Cholesterol 80 mg
- Sodium 326 mg
- 5 Smartpoints