Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 lb portobello mushrooms, stems removed and discarded and caps sliced
- 1 lb white button mushrooms, sliced, a few pieces reserved for garnish, optional
- 48 oz low-sodium chicken broth
- 3⁄4 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup fat-free half and half cream
- 2 tsp fresh sage, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, and carrot and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 10 minutes. Stir in broth, salt, and pepper and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes. Remove pot from heat. Uncover and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Puree soup in batches in a food processor or blender. Return soup to the pot and stir in half and half cream, sage, and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until warmed through, about 10 minutes. Top each bowl of soup with a couple slices of sauteed white button mushrooms, if desired.
Per serving: 5 SmartPoints; 3 PointsPlus; 2 POINTS (old)
Serving Size: 1 (463 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6