Crispy coated chicken topped with a velvety cheesy chicken sauce that will make your mouth water, this dish is a real winner. Just 6 Points + per serving makes it a perfect Weight Watchers dinner recipe.
- 2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut ino 6 fillets
- 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute, or egg whites
- 1 10.75 oz can reduced fat Cream of Chicken soup
- 1/4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9” x 13” baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Prepare 2 small, shallow bowls, one with the liquid egg substitute or egg whites, and the other with 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese, Panko, onion powder, garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Season each chicken cutlet with salt and pepper, then dip into the egg, shake off excess and then dip into the Panko mixture. Coat well, and lay into baking dish. Repeat with all remaining chicken pieces.
- Cover the dish with foil, and place into oven, baking for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is just cooked through. Remove foil, and return to oven for another 8-10 minutes, or until the edges become brown and crisped.
- While chicken is cooking, heat Cream of Chicken soup in a small sauce pan, over medium heat. Stir in sour cream, and remaining cheddar cheese, and cook until cheese has melted into the sauce, making sure to stir continuously. Thin with a tablespoon or two of chicken broth or water to thin, if the sauce is too thick.
- Pour sauce over chicken and top with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 45 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 piece of chicken with sauce
Each serving – 7 Smart Points/6 Points +
PER SERVING: 295calories; 7g fat; 3.06g saturated fat; 12g carbohydrate; 2.58g sugar; 35g protein; 0.5g fiber