Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 whole carrots, diced
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 28 oz can crushed/chopped tomatoes
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) beef broth or fresh beef stock
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (15 oz) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup ditalini pasta, uncooked (or similar pasta shape)
- Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Put everything except beans, pasta and cheese into a 6-quart slow cooker and stir, being sure to break up the ground beef.
2. Cook on low 7-8 hours or high 3-4 hours
3. 30 minutes before the end, stir in beans (drained and rinsed) and pasta. Add more salt and pepper if desired.
4. Remove bay leaves before serving. Sprinkle grated parmesan on top.
Serve piping hot, to cries of great joy. Some people might want salad with their soup, and it would taste great; but really? You probably just need some decent rustic-style bread and a spoon!