Prep time : 5 mins
Cook time : 30 mins
Total time : 35 mins
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large head cabbage, cored and sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- Carrots optional
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy and cooked through.
- Remove the bacon and place it on paper towels to drain. Chop into crumbles.
- Stir garlic and onion into the skillet with the bacon grease and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Now add the cabbage immediately and continue cooking for another ten minutes, or untill softened.
- Add the bacon crumbles on top, ⅓ cup of water as needed to steam the cabbage, salt and pepper to taste, onion powder, garlic powder and paprika.
- Stir to combine, lessen the flame and cook for another couple of minutes or until the liquid evaporates, and keep stirring at regular intervals.
- Taste and re-season if needed. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
- Note – do get some carrots in the mix, that just adds a little something extra to the dish.