Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
A decadent Weight Watchers casserole recipe that tastes dangerously delicious. Creamy, cheesy and very satisfying, this low calorie gratin makes a wonderful side dish to a variety of main course entrees.
- 3 large leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 1 small head of cauliflower, trimmed and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp light butter
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 2 cups reduced fat milk
- 1 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray and place leeks and cauliflower inside. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a medium sized sauce pan, melt butter over medium high heat. Add in the flour, and whisk constantly until butter and flour have combined, about 30 seconds. Slowly, whisk in milk, and bring to a boil, whisking very frequently, until slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Stir in cheddar cheese, and whisk until melted. Remove from heat.
- Pour cheese sauce evenly over leeks and cauliflower. Sprinkle evenly with Panko breadcrumbs on top.
- Cover with foil and place in oven. Cook until vegetables are tender and sauce is bubbling, about 25 minutes. Remove foil, and allow to cook for another 8-10 minutes to brown the breadcrumbs.
- Let cool about 5 minutes before serving.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 35 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is about 3/4 cup
Each serving = 6 Smart Points/4 Points +
PER SERVING: 166calories; 6g fat; 3.71g saturated fat; 18.5g carbohydrate; 8.39g sugar; 10g protein; 2g fiber