Makes: 6 servings
Serving Size: 1 cup
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 8 ounces whole-wheat fusilli (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup corn, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- To prepare dressing: Combine avocado, mayonnaise, lime juice, garlic, salt and cumin in a mini food processor. Puree until smooth.
- To prepare pasta salad: Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water, then drain again. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in tomatoes, beans, corn, Cheddar, onion and cilantro. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
TIPS & NOTES
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate, without dressing, for up to 1 day. Toss with the dressing about 1 hour before serving.
Per serving: 290 calories; 13 g fat; 13 mg cholesterol; 37 g carbohydrates; 3 g total sugars; 8 g protein; 6 gfiber; 343 mg sodium; 254 mg potassium.