- 2 tsp olive oil
- 10 baby carrots, halved widthwise if large
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cup kale, roughly chopped
- 1 can (28 oz) italian style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup orzo pasta, cooked
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over high heat. Add carrots, zucchini, and onion and saute for about 7 minutes or until the onion is translucent. Add kale and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until wilted. Add tomatoes, beans, and broth and simmer for 20 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
- Stir in orzo, then season with salt and black pepper.
- To serve, ladle into bowls and sprinkle each serving with 1 1/2 tablespoons parmesan cheese.
Per serving: 4 SmartPoints; 5 PointsPlus