- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 cup mild, medium or hot salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bag (14 to 16 oz.) frozen Southwest-style vegetable blend: broccoli, corn, black beans and red peppers, thawed
- 2 cups cooked turkey or chicken (about 10 oz.), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant white rice
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- COMBINE evaporated milk and condensed soup in baking dish with wire whisk until smooth. Add salsa and black pepper; mix well. Add vegetables, turkey and rice; mix well. Cover dish tightly with foil.
- BAKE for 35 minutes. Uncover; top with cheese. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is bubbly. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- COMBINE sour cream with water in small bowl. Drizzle over casserole. Top with avocado slices just prior to serving.
• To keep avocado slices from browning, squeeze fresh lime juice over slices.
Serving Size: 1/10 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 10
Amount Per Serving
- Smartpoints: 8
- Calories: 250
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Sodium: 400mg
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 16g