Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, raw
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp dry sherry
- 1 tsp fresh ginger root, minced
- 1⁄2 tsp five-spice powder spices
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb uncooked boneless skinless boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 tsp peanut oil
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sesame seeds and cook until lightly toasted, shaking pan frequently, about 2 to 3 minutes; transfer seeds to a shallow dish and set aside.
- Whisk water, soy sauce, maple syrup, sherry, ginger and five-spice powder together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper together in a shallow dish; add chicken and turn to coat. Shake chicken pieces to remove excess flour.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Add soy sauce mixture to chicken and cook until sauce thickens and is almost evaporated, about 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Dip chicken pieces in toasted sesame seeds and serve, drizzled with any additional soy sauce mixture.
Per serving: 4 SmartPoints; 5 PointsPlus; 5 POINTS (old)
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4