Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Yield: 12 servings
Serving size: ¼ cup
- ½ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1 tablespoon white whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat mild cheddar cheese
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the oil and garlic and cook until the garlic is beginning to brown but not burning, about 1 minute.
- Stir the cornstarch into ¼ cup of the almond milk to make a slurry and set aside.
- Add the drained can of tomatoes and cook an additional 2 minutes until they are heated. Sprinkle the flour over the tomatoes and stir for 1 minute.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and stir in the remaining almond milk and the previously set-aside slurry. Stir consistently for 2-4 minutes, until thickened.
- Turn the heat down to low and stir in the cumin, chili powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper, and cheddar cheese. Stir queso until smooth.
Per Serving: (¼ cup)
- Calories: 53
- Calories from fat: 21
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Sodium: 207mg
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- SmartPoints: 2