Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- ½ pound hot Italian style turkey sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (I use jarred)
- 1 can (16 ounces) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) salsa
- 1 cup (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 4 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni, sliced in half
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons (1.5 ounces) shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- In a Dutch oven or large soup pot, cook the beef, sausage, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat, stirring and breaking up the meat, until meat is no longer pink, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain if necessary.
- Stir in the salsa, beans, pizza sauce, pepperoni, water, chili powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat. Cover and let bubble gently, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 20 minutes. Serve hot. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese
- Slow Cooker Option: After browning the meat and vegetables, drain and transfer to 4-quart or larger slow cooker. Cover and cook on low until heated through, 4 to 6 hours.
Nutritional Estimates Per Serving (1 cup chili with 1 tablespoon mozzarella):
329 calories, 11g fat, 4g sat fat, 22g carbs, 6g fiber, 5g sugars, 36g protein, 8 PointsPlus, 7 SmartPoints (using WW Recipe Builder)