- 6 ounces whole grain or whole wheat dry spaghetti
- ¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter, I used natural, chunky
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice or vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon ginger, from a jar, see shopping tip
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, shredded or chopped, see shopping tip
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin bite-size pieces (1 cup)
- 3 green onions, bias-sliced into ½-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped peanuts (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
2. Meanwhile, in a large pan, combine soy sauce, broth, peanut butter, lime juice, garlic, ginger, and crushed red pepper. Cook and stir over low heat until peanut butter melts. Add chicken, red bell pepper and green onions. Mix well and continue to cook until chicken is heated. Add cooked pasta and toss to coat.
3. Divide among 4 plates. If desired, garnish with chopped peanuts.
Makes 4 servings (~1½ cups each serving)
Peanut butter is an excellent source of protein and healthy fats and can help reduce the risk of coronary heart disease. For the healthiest choice, look for brands that have no oil or sugar added.
This dish contains 7 grams of fiber, thanks to using whole grain noodles!
Trader Joe’s sells packages of cooked, sliced or chopped chicken breasts that are really tasty. If you buy a cooked chicken from the supermarket, be sure to remove the skin before chopping and adding to this dish.
Chopped or crushed ginger, in a jar, can be found in the produce section near garlic, in a jar.
Leave out the chicken and use vegetable broth in place of the chicken broth and this dish becomes a yummy vegetarian dish.
Weight Watchers SmartPoints 7
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 7