- 1⁄4 tsp ground allspice
- 1⁄4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp ground ginger
- 1⁄2 tsp garlic salt
- 1⁄2 tsp black pepper, divided
- 1 lb skinless boneless turkey breast , cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 14 1⁄2 oz fire-roasted diced tomatoes with green chili pepper, undrained
- 15 oz canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 tsp table salt
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
- Combine allspice, cayenne, ginger, garlic salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add turkey and toss to coat; set aside for 15 minutes.
- Place turkey in a 5 quart slow cooker and any spices remaining in bowl. Add garlic, onion, tomatoes, beans, broth, salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon of pepper; stir.
- Cover and cook on Low setting for 6 to 7 hours.
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro; let sit for 5 minutes for flavors to blend.
Per serving: 4 SmartPoints; 5 PointsPlus; 3 POINTS (old)
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6