Smothered pork chops that are lightly browned and then baked with delicious potatoes, onions and garlic. Seasoned with thyme and sage, this delicious dish is easy to put together. Just add your favorite vegetables to make it a perfect meal.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 4 pork chops bone-in (about 5 oz each)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil divided
- 1/4 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 lb Yukon gold potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp rubbed sage
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of the oil in a large skillet.
- Cook the pork chops for about 4-5 minutes per side, or until nicely browned.
- Place the pork chops in a baking dish.
- Pour the broth over the pork chops.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan once the pork chops have been removed.
- Sauté the potatoes, onions and garlic in the oil for 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, onion, garlic, sage, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Place the potato mixture on top of the pork chops.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the pork is cooked to desired doneness.
Entire recipe makes 4 serving
Serving size is about 1 pork chop with about 1/2 cup vegetables
Each serving = 6 Smart Points
PER SERVING: 261calories; 10.3g fat; 2.2g saturated fat; 18.9g carbohydrate; 1.3g sugar; 23.1g protein; 2g fiber