Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
- 14 oz hot Italian chicken sausage
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 12 oz jar roasted peppers in water, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 9 oz DeLallo whole wheat linguini (or DeLallo gluten free)
- 2 tbsp grated Pecorino Romano, plus more for serving
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook the sausage until browned and cooked through, breaking it up as it cooks. Set aside.
Add the oil, onions, roasted peppers, garlic and kosher salt and black pepper to the skillet and cook until golden, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and chicken broth and return the sausage to the skillet. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer on low 15 minutes.
Meanwhile cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water according to package directions. Drain and toss with the sauce and Pecorino cheese, cooking and stirring about 2 minutes on low to marry the flavors. Finish with chopped parsley and serve with more cheese on the side, if desired.
Makes about 7 cups.
Servings: 5 • Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups • Points +: 9 pts • Smart Points: 11
Calories: 370.5 • Fat: 11 g • Carb: 47 g • Fiber: 7 g • Protein: 21 g • Sugar: 6 g
Cholesterol: 67 mg • Sodium: 850 mg (without salt)