Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
YIELD: 4-6 SERVINGS
TOTAL TIME: 20-25 MINUTES
- 2-3 lbs organic chicken breast, chopped
- 12-16 oz organic fresh broccoli
- 2 garlic cloves, you can also use ginger
- 4-5 large organic carrots, sliced
- Pepper flakes, optional
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp ginger, chopped
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce, gluten free
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 3-4 teaspoons arrowroot powder, or cornstarch
- 1/4 cup honey, or unrefined sugar
- In a small bowl mix the Teriyaki sauce ingredients. If you are just making the sauce for future consumption follow this step otherwise follow the next paragraphs. In a small sauce pan, over medium
- to low heat, heat the sauce until thicken stirring occasionally. About 5 minutes. Let the sauce cool and store it in a glass airtight container in the refrigerator.
- In a large skillet, over medium to high heat, add the olive oil. Add the chicken and carrots and cook stirring occasionally until almost tender, about 6-8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook further for another minute.
- While the chicken is cooking, place the broccoli on a safe microwave dish and microwave for 6-7 minutes. Depending on how strong your microwave is you may need less time. My microwave is not too powerful so I use 7 minutes but 3-4 minutes may be enough in yours.
- Add the Teriyaki sauce from the bowl to the chicken and carrots and stir for about 1-2 minutes or until it thickens. Turn heat off and add the broccoli and pepper flakes if using. Stir to combine.
- Serve over brown rice or rice noddles.
NOTE: I doubled the Teriyaki sauce for us.
Teriyaki sauce adapted from Savory Sweet Life