1 cup butter, softened
1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1⁄4 cups sifted flour
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
powdered sugar (for rolling baked cookies in)
- Cream together butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy; stir in vanilla.
- Whisk together flour and salt; add gradually to butter mixture; stir in chopped nuts.
- Chill dough if it seems too soft.
- Form dough into 1 1/4″ balls and place onto parchment-lined or ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or just until the cookies start to turn light golden-brown; remove from oven and allow to cool slightly; while cookies are still warm (but NOT hot) remove them from baking sheets and roll, a few at a time, in powdered sugar until evenly coated; cool cookies completely on wire racks.
- Cookies may (optionally) be rolled in powdered sugar a second time once cooled to room temperature.
- NOTE: Forming dough into 1″ balls will increase yield to 48 cookies.
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- AMT. PER SERVING: Calories 96.4, Total Fat 6.8 g, Saturated Fat 3.4 g, Cholesterol 13.6 mg, Sodium 61.4 mg, Total Carbohydrate 8 g, Dietary Fiber 0.4 g, Sugars 1.7 g, Protein 1.2 g, 4 SmartPoints